I am making these for my family tonight to take to my Granny's house (if everything goes right). These are really good so get out your mixing bowl and start baking! (I feel like I need to post something but everything is kind of numb right now and I don't want to post in that frame of mind so..... you get recipes. When in turmoil, always bake!)
3& 1/2 oz. bittersweet chocolate
1 & 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, diced
3 extra large eggs or 4 large eggs
1 & 1/4 c. light brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cup minus 1 Tbsp. flour
2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
3/4 c. smooth peanut butter
1/4 c. sugar
1 Tbsp. flour
5 Tbsp. milk (not fat free!)
2 Tbsp. roasted, unsalted peanuts
* Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8 x10 baking pan and line with parchment paper. Break up the chocolate and put it in a heatproof bowl with the butter. Set the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don't let the bottom touch the water) melt gently, stirring often. Remove bowl from saucepan and leave to cool until needed.
* In a large mixing bowl, beateggs well with a whisk. Add the brown sugar and continue beating until thick and mousselike. Whisk in melted chocolate.
* Sift the flour and cocoa into the batter, and mix until thoroughly combined. Transfer batter to the pan and spread evenly.
* In a seperate bowl, combine p.b., sugar, 1 Tbsp. flour, and milk. Mix well. Drop by teaspoonfuls evenly spaced, onto the brownies; use a butter knife to swirl together the chocolate and p.b. mixtures. Scatter the peanuts over the top.
* Bake for about 30 minutes, or until just firm. Let cool before removing from the pan.