"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Proud of the house we've built.....

I love this song! It is SO much our family. Our house is not big (it is actually very small) we have 1 bathroom and 3 very small bedrooms, a living room and utility room but we have a good size kitchen, yay!

Anyway, this song is us. We have struggled so much to build our home, which is really wherever your family is. A family that we did not believe for a long time that we would ever have.

The house we've built is where we are comfortable, we can be ourselves, no one is looking on and judging every move we make. We eat meals together, read stories, have tickle wars, cook together and talk about all of the things that matter. Both of our babies were conceived in this itty-bitty house that we love so much.

The house we've built is the love that we have for each other, the family that we have become. You see, we did not really build our actual home, my uncle did, but we built the family that resides here. And that is why it is so special to us.

If you haven't heard this song, YOU HAVE TO!!!! Let it speak to you about your family.

P.S. I have some friends whose husbands are serving in Iraq. I have been thinking of you a lot lately. I know it is tough, I can't imagine how tough. My prayers are always with you. I Love you.

Julie

1 comment:

cryssi said...

Hey Sis,

I have to say, you are a busy busy woman these days....I just wanted you to know that I am not ignoring all that you say about the Churches,, I just do not have the thought process right now to comprehend all that is going on with them. I am so overwhelmed with everything that I have to do here and with Church Camp and Kermit plus sick kids, I just do not think I can think straight on them....someday soon though, I will read some of the sites and let you know what I think. I think I am going to take a long hot bath in my jacuzzi tonight and relax....oh the joys of owning a doublewide...lol.....

Love Ya
Crystal...

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot