"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Daddy & Mama (Revised & Edited)

This is for my Dadddy and Mama who have been feeling pretty low lately over some things that have been going on. First of all, you are WONDERFUL parents. Seriously,. Everyone messes up in parenting, EVERYONE. No one is perfect. You have always did the best you knew how and that is pretty darn amazing!

Let me tell you about my parents because I don't feel that they get the good recognition they deserve. My parents have held me through ALL of my tough times. They may have been upset with me and yelled at me but they always stuck by me and if I needed my Daddy or my Mama to hold me they would and still do. I don't even have to ask, they just know.

My parents talked to me when I was a kid. They explained things to me. They emphasized to be kind to people no matter what. My parents NEVER made fun of ANYONE. I remember this man who lived close to us and he was a bad drunk who mixed his antidepressants with alchohol. My Daddy always helped him and talked to him. He went to visit with him and see if he needed anything. I remember when he burned his self up in his house, Daddy cried.

There was a man who lived not far from us who was crazy but my Dad knew him all of his life. He says that he was a good kid, he just got messed up on drugs. My Daddy never let us laugh at him. NEVER. If you laughed at anyone that was a good way to get a spanking. He took it that seriously.

I think that was one of the greatest things that I learned from my parents, was that you don't make fun of people. Everyone deserves kindness. There are some people in our family who tend to talk about people a lot. I always feel bad and don't know what to say. People can't help the way they are sometimes. But everyone could use kind words or a hug.

My Daddy, especially, hates GOSSIP. He will get very upset with us if we are talking about people or especially each other. He hates conflict.

My parents have had some hard things happen to them, to name a few, Daddy was sent to Vietnam for a year. I can't even begin to imagine that kind of hell. When my sister was four, she was killed in a car accident. That's an even worse kind of hell. They tried their best to carry on and raise us the best they could. Maybe they didn't do the greatest job but we knew that we were loved and I have a fierce loyalty to my parents that I wish more people had. We all do things that are wrong but we are supposed to have the heart to forgive each other.

Thank you Daddy & Mama for all the love you give us each and every day. Thank you for all of your sacrifices and your attention. Thank you for your emotional, spiritual and financial help. We love you so much.


Love and Prayers,
Julie

No comments:

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot