Why is it everytime I go to Wal-Mart, I can't come out of there without spending at least $100? No matter what I do, it is ridiculous! I have been praying about it though (yes I have) and I have come up with a few things that I can do:
1. Make my own tortillas (this is healthier anyway)
2. Make all biscuits from scratch and freeze the dough and then bake
3. Buy large amouts of meat at Sam's and brown all of my ground chuck, place in freezer bags (quart size) and freeze
4. Cook chicken in the slow cooker and freeze in quart size bags
5. Saute onions and peppers and freeze
6. Keep cooked beans in the freezer
7. Make cookie dough and freeze
8. Make 3 meals every time I cook a freezable meal and stick 2 in the freezer for later.
9. Make my own bread. I am going to try this! I hate yeast. Yes, I love to bake anything that doesn't involve yeast! I have baked with yeast a few times before and it is just not something that I love to do but I am going to conquer this!
10. Keep a well stocked pantry, freezer and refrigerator (I will post more on this later ).
I am sure that this is just riveting to you, but I am fascinated with keeping a better , more efficient home. Maybe this will help you as well. Like I said, I will tell you more about how I am going to do it. I have done this before and then I had Lily and things got crazy again so I am ready to get back in gear!
Everyone have a great day!