So, since I realized the other day that I now have over 200 posts, I thought I would do one of those 100 things about me but I don't know if I can make it that far (I'm pretty boring) so, we will just see how far we get!
1. My middle name is Irene (after my grandmothers)
2. My paternal great grandmother is named Emma Rose; her mother, my great great grandmother was named Rose Emma.
3. I wanted to name one of my girls Emma but the name was just too popular(but now I don't care if it is or not).
4. If I ever have another daughter her name will be either Emma or Ella or Elle, because my maternal grandmothers name was Ella. I've decided that I don't care how popular they are. And, Darcy, if you are reading this, I love Elle's name! So precious!
5. My husband's middle name is Edward and we call each other Ward and Renard sometimes. Don't know why.lol.
6. My hubby's favorite nickname for me is Fred; Claire's is Ted and Lily's is Frank.
7. My father in law calls my husband Charlie Eddard and Butch; his brother Jeremy is Snake.(not really about me; just think it's interesting)
8. My Daddy still calls me Baby and I still call him Daddy. He also calls me Julie Irene and sometimes Tammy (my sister; we sound just alike on the phone) Tammy, what are you doing going to BB with Charlie? (inside joke)
9. Our husbands have gotten us confused as have a lot of other people.
10. This doesn't happen so much with Crystal (my big; little sister) She's my baby sister(by two years and two months) but she is 6'0 tall. I am about 5'8 and that's stretching a little.
11. Claire and Lily are also two years and two months apart.
12. Tammy is 8 years older than me.
13. My other sister, Sharon, died in a car accident when she was 4. Mom was 6 monts pregnant with me.
14. My Daddy is a Vietnam Vet.
15. My Mom's nickname is Phyllis Dillard and Mama Diggs.
16. Don't ask me why.
17. My mother in law is an excellent cook; she caters on occasion. She once made me and entire Italian Cream Cake for my birthday(for just me to eat). I could not eat it all by myself and I had to share. (But I ate most of it and gained about 3 lbs. I swear)
18. I love to bake; if you read this blog you already know that.
20. We are remodeling our house (we have been for 8 years, lol.)
21. I love Fall and Thanksgiving and most of all, Christmas.
22. I have 17 nieces and nephews (so far) and I think that will be it.
23. I LOVE basketball.
24. I once scored 15 points in three pointers (5) in a varsity game. I will always remember that.
25. I also love the freethrow line.
26. I used to run for fun.
27. I am going to start running again (my hubby and I have been discussing how I can work this in)
28. I love Mexican food. Enchiladas are SO goo and Salsa and Chips, OH MY!
29. I love Italian food, too! Come to think of it, I love almost all food.
30. I love to shop. I love to shop for almost anything and everything!
31. I take A LOT of pictures and am not good at getting them in any kind of order ( I am working on this problem!)
32. I am a fan of Babywise and Toddlerwise (don't shoot me) but I do think they are a little rigid and I don't follow them to the letter.
33. My babies both slept through the night(8 hrs. or more) very early. Claire at 6 weeks; No joke. And Lily at 8 weeks.
34. My husband asked me out on Oct. 8th, 1997.
35. Our first date was Oct. 10th, 1997.
36. I LOVE October!
37. I got my engagement ring on Nov. 27th, 1997.
38. We were married January 3, 1998.
39. I have never regretted a single second of being with Charlie!
40. We've been married 10 years this year!
41. My husband sold hogs to buy my engagement ring!
42. We struggled with infertility for 7 years before we got pregnant with Claire-bear.
43. Lily was a suprise, too!
44. I had pancreatitis and jaundice with Lily right off the bat.
45. I had gallbladder surgery at almost 5 months pregnant.
46. I was baptized when I was 16 yrs old by Gerald Buckner, who also performed our marriage ceremony.
47. My grandpa was a preacher.
48. My dad was a log truck driver.
49. My husband works in the woods. He is an equipment operator.He's also an amazing woodworker and welder and chef! He ain't too bad of a husband, either!
50. I can read a novel in a couple of hours if I have the chance.
51. I can make a cheesecake from memory.
52. I used to have long hair down to my waist.
53. I cut it after I got married; sometimes I miss it.
54. Sometimes I don't.
55. My favorite drink is sweet tea.
56. My favortite food is Fried Potatoes with Onion, Pinto Beans and Cornbread made in a cast iron skillet (my granny's best meal)
57. Claire's (Victoria Rose)name means Clear, Bright, Victory, we named her that because she was a Bright Victory to us after all of our heartache.
58. Lily's name means pure and innocent and her middle name(Charlotte Alise) means little and feminine and of noble (high) birth. Charlie named her and I think it's beautiful.
59. My dog's name is Boscoe and my cats are Jack, Jill and Joey.
60. I love to go four wheeler riding about this time of year and I will get to this weekend !
* To be continued, my kids are waking up from their naps! (If you are bored, please do not feel obligated to keep reading, I won't mind, I promise!)