"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Memo to Mommy...

I found this in my "parenting" binder. I am not sure of the source, I think it may be Parents magazine. Anyway, I wanted to share this with you. I had a rough day last week and reading this made the tears fall and changed my whole outlook in that instant. It's a good reminder of the way our babies see us.

*Stop freaking out about the mess! There's always time to clean-but how often do we get to make mud pies?

*Love me, even when I am naughty. I'll only be this age once.

*Be patient. I do everything for a reason but I don't know enough words yet to give you an explanation.

*Let me do it. I know you can do it faster and better, but sometimes experience is the best teacher.

*Don't expect too much of me. I want to do what you ask and make you happy, but I'm still little.

*Keep your promises. It's all about trust. When I am a teenager, you'll understand why it's so important.

*Don't try to reason with me when I am having a tantrum. Trust me-I can't hear you over my own screaming.

*Don't keep asking me if I've been good. I'm not even sure what that means, but if I was bad I'd never admit it!

*Don't let me think that you're perfect. I feel a lot better knowing I'm not the only one who makes mistakes sometimes.

*Set limits. I can't actually eat a whole box of cookies-I just want to see if I'd get away with it! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie, all of that is SO true - even now when mine are 10 & 14. That's something I would have likely posted on the fridge when they were little to get me through those tough days. Thanks for the reminder!
~Lori Anne

Denise said...

Great stuff sweetie.

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot