"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Oh, I love a rainy day...

Not so much a rainy night because then the girls don't sleep because they are afraid of storms...lol Anyway, today was a good day, considering Claire has been running about a 103-105 temp off and on and vomiting. We took her to the emergency room and stayed there for almost 4 hrs. yesterday and they fixed her up with antibiotics so she should be better soon!! So, we have not been sleeping much at all the past few nights. However, last night, Claire slept almost 11 hrs and just got up twice to vomit. So, Hallelujah!!, we got SOME sleep!!

After all of that vomit talk, if you are still reading, bless your heart. :) Today was just a rainy lazy day. We stayed in and watched movies and played games and I did some laundry and mopping and some baking. I baked 3 dozen cookies (for snacks and for others), 4 loaves of bread (2 white, 2 whole wheat), and we made some Autumn Chowder for lunch and had leftovers and fresh bread for supper. What a yummy treat!

In a few minutes, I am going to head out to the chicken pen and gather our eggs and feed and water (if Charlie hasn't done it already) and then later this evening we are going to watch a movie while the kids sleep and then turn in early ourselves. Hopefully, we will get a good full night's rest.

I am sorry that I have been terribly lax in commenting on your blogs. It seems that our life just gets busier and busier and sometimes I feel as if I can't catch my breath! I can't promise anything, especially as I feel that God is prodding me, more and more, to slow down, to just grab what life I can while I can. I watch my babies grow more every. single. second. and I am aware of time/life rushing by. I feel it literally sliding out of my fingers as I try desperately to hold on....

So, I must slow down and I must reevaluate & prioritize. I am not through with blogging but I may be around sparingly for a time. Please forgive me if I am.

Have a blessed weekend!

~Julie~

1 comment:

Denise said...

So glad that Claire is feeling better, love you.

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot