"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Saturday, June 21, 2008

I Know the Plans I Have For You

Ephesians 3:20 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

20Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,

I love this verse! It always speaks to me in times of distress or doubt. I have been going through a lot of both lately and as always this verse has brought me back to the feet of my Lord. What a beautiful precious place to be.

This verse has carried me through a lot of hard times in my life and I use it on almost a daily basis. Sometimes it is the prayer I say under my breath through out the day when life seems to overwhelm me. The words of the Spirit just grant me a peace that I really can't explain or comprehend. When we went through so much pain with infertility, this verse is often what Charlie and I read before bed at night. There are others, of course. But, I believe this is the verse that really sustained me through that painful time. And, each time I prepare to have another baby I focus on these words. It helps calm the storm in my heart. Something about these words just erases all fear.

Lately I have been doubting myself, my actions, my purpose that God has called me to. Satan has been very active in trying to control my mind and thoughts. I am by nature, a worrier. Everyone that knows me, knows that! :o) It has been extremely hard to overcome this flaw. I am still fighting that uphill battle but lately I am feeling the power within me is greater than the force that is trying to drag me down.

I have been praying through this all week as we have dealt with various trials. This morning as the girls finally feel better and we feel somewhat normal (what a horrible stomach bug), Charlie and I were drinking coffee and discussing what we need to accomplish before Drew arrives and also just basic plans for today. All of a sudden while talking through things with my husband, I realized just how much control I have been allowing Satan to have over my mind! I rebel at the thought of relinquishing control of even one tiny aspect of my life. That is a very sobering thing to realize about yourself. However, I must face this battle head on. I DO NOT have control of my life, nor should I even try. The battle belongs to the Lord. My job is to praise and follow HIM with every fiber of my being, with everything that is within me! The very idea that I can control my life is an idea that spawns from the enemy. Yes, I can make decisions from my own free will but I cannot control the circumstances that evolve from those decisions! I cannot control the plans that my God has for me and my family. We are only to pray to make the best decisions and to serve our Lord God with all of our ability!

Even now, as I type this, Satan is pressing in and trying to convince me that nothing will ever change, that God does not care about me, that HE is not with me! And, I know, without a doubt, that is the biggest lie ever from the Father of ALL LIES!!! God will pull me through and carry me throughout all of my trials and struggles! I am the one who often pulls away in my doubt.

Thank you for reading my novel today and for praying for my family this past week. It really means so much to me. Thank you for standing in the gap for me when I need someone the most!

I hope this helped someone today and even if it didn't, it really helped me to get it out and Satan has been defeated through yet another struggle!!!

Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society


11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Bless you precious one. I have been, and will continue to lift you, and your family up in my prayers. Greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world. Keep your mind focused upon God, and all the wonderful plans He has for your family. I love you.

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot