"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Claire & my many blessings....









I am so proud of this little girl. I am so blessed to be her Mama and watch her learn so many new things and grow into such a sweet and beautiful young lady.
She received a baby doll the other day that looks like a real live baby and squishes its face up and cries and makes sucking noises just like a real baby. She calls it her "baby bruddher (brother)" and takes such wonderful care of it. She "changes" it's diapers and feeds it a bottle and rocks it and sings a wide variety of songs to this little baby doll. It's so precious to watch.
She is counting really well and learning her letters. It is so much fun to work with her on all of those things. We love it! She is also learning to swim a little at a time. You can't push Claire, she does everything at her own pace and I so love that about our oldest girl! =)
Claire is very focused on her sister. She adores sissy and adores being the older sister. She is also very good at bossing sissy and correcting her (I have to remind her that I am the Mama, lol). She always worries about sissy and talks to her in the cutest ways.
Every morning she comes into our bedroom and gets in the bed with me to snuggle. She lies there and talks to me nonstop until we get up and get ready for the day. We blew bubbles this morning and giggled in the bathroom so we wouldn't wake up Sis. She is quite the master bubble blower! She is amazed that you can make bubble solution with dish soap and her shampoo! =) That was SO much fun and a great memory!
I love the way she sings to Sissy at night and when sissy is fussy or sleepy. She sings "Jesus Loves Me" and "Everybody ought to know". The other day she was trying to sing, "Wonderful words of life" and Lily kept fussing so Claire said, "Sissy, hush! I try sing wonful words to life but you make me not know words to life, Care not happy with you, sissy!" See why I LOVE being their Mama!!! =) They are unbelievably precious!!!
We have also learned a new thing to help Mama make: Brownies!! She loves to make brownies! It was cupcakes for a while and she still loves to do that but for now her most favorite is brownies. She is going to be such an unbelievably great cook !!! She does good! She already knows all the ingredients for sweet stuff! She knows eggs, butter, sugar, flour, vanilla and her fave right now, COCOA!! =)
I felt like bragging on my Care-bear today and I am thanking God for my sweet little girls. Claire is such an incredible gift in my life and her Daddy and I thank God every day for the chance to be parents to her and her sister and brother. Claire made us a Mama & a Daddy. She made us a family of three and today I am savoring the gift and the feeling of being her mama and also of being a mama to another precious little girl, Lily(thank you God!) and baby Drew (what a blessing!).
I love you, Lord Jesus and please make me worthy, mold me and make me into the wife and mother you want me to be. Thank you for this awesome chance that I never thought I would have and the amazing blessing of Charlie, the greatest husband and the most loving, kind and gracious Daddy to our children. I love them (Charlie, Claire, Lily & Drew) SO very much and you, Lord, are SO very good to me! Thank you for my family Lord and all the blessings that you have rained down upon us. What a marvelous God is our God!

1 comment:

Denise said...

I am so glad that God has blessed your life my friend.

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot