"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
In love with Jesus. Wife to my best friend & man I love more than life. Mama to 4 amazing God given blessings. Proud Homemaker & Homeschooler. Living life with it's ups and downs and blogging about it!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

ugh! this is SERIOUSLY DISTURBING!

Click here and read Virtue Alert's post about the show that many teens watch, "Gossip Girl". This is disturbing and it really sickens me. I thought that 90210 was bad when I was a teen. This is SAD. What really is sad is that so many kids watch this show and look up to these characters. Please discuss with your children why these actions portrayed in their ads are so inappropriate and extremely dangerous.

*I don't mean to offend anyone but I have young nieces and nephews as well as my own children. I believe with everything within me that we MUST speak out about these kinds of things and talk to our youth about them. We must take action and not just talk. One of the reasons I blog. A lot of young kids that I know read this blog and listen to what I say. This is very important, trust me. Just something that I have been convicted about for many years. I truly feel that what we watch and read and associate with can taint our souls. And I don't want those kind of horrible consequences for any of the youth that I know and love. =)

1 comment:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing this.

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones? ~Elisabeth Elliot